What is Public Housing?
Public Housing was established to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
Who is Eligible for Public Housing?
Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Your eligibility is based on:
- Annual Gross Income and assets.
- Whether you qualify as a family, elderly, or person with a disability
- U.S. Citizenship or eligible immigration status
- Successful passing of Criminal Background check
- Prior rental history with other subsidized agencies